I have to do a paper for my Shakespeare class and I’m having a hard time picking a topic. Anyone have any ideas! Greatly appreciated!
Shakespeare is such a great area to look at. Here are some of my random musings for possible topics:
- The Dark Lady
- Homoeroticism in Shakespeare’s Sonnets
- Women in Shakespeare
- Sex in Shakespeare
- Death and Suicide in Shakespeare
- Was Hamlet faking his insanity or not?
- The Tempest as an Allegory for Colonialism
- Was Othello racist?
- Traditional Romance Gender Reversal in Romeo & Juliet (Romeo tends to act in more traditionally feminine ways while Juliet acts more traditionally masculine)
- Religion in Shakespeare’s plays
- Accuracy of Shakespeare’s Histories
- Analyze differences between Tragedy/Comedy
- Analyze comic elements in Tragedies.
- Play within a play
- Unresolved story lines, character stories
Hope these help. I know coming up with topic ideas can be tough.